In high school I read many books about Alaska and dreamed of homesteading and building a cabin. I’m thrilled to be living in Fairbanks (in a house, not a cabin) with my twin teen-aged boys in a dynamic community with such vital, beautiful land around us.
Over the last 22 years I have served over 5,000 patients as a family doctor working with people of all ages, literally from beginning (assisting with acupuncture at births) through the end of life (supporting Hospice patients). I am passionate about serving people in creating the level of health they desire. “You can’t just go to the bus station and buy a ticket,” a dear friend who died at 100 used to say. “You have to tell them where you want to go.”
Having a vision of what health looks like for you is the equivalent of that bus ticket – a clear view of your personal destination of full, vibrant health. I collaborate with patients to help them identify and then achieve their vision of health.
Particular areas of expertise:
• Advanced, chronic illnesses (e.g. cancer, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain syndrome)
• Cancer support: board certified in naturopathic oncology. For three-and-a-half years I was honored to work with late stage cancer patients as a naturopathic oncology provider at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. I am passionate about supporting cancer patients in their healing journey, wherever it may take them.
• Women’s health: fertility; menstrual issues; perimenopause and menopause; osteoporosis; annual exams. I have given over 1,000 talks on bioidentical hormones, perimenopause, menopause and osteoporosis, for the general public as well as for pharmacists and physicians.
• Thyroid and adrenal support
• Chronic pain management: acupuncture, Bowen work, cold laser, vibration therapy, homeopathy, particularly for people who cannot tolerate force manipulation (e.g. those with fused vertebrae or advanced osteoporosis)
• Clinical hypnotherapy: pain relief, weight loss, smoking cessation, health optimization
• Qigong: certified to teach three forms; lineage holder for Essence Qigong. I am passionate about teaching qigong so people can continue to build health on their own instead of passively waiting for the next treatment or office visit.